Monday, May 07, 2007

The Devil's Workshop

I passed a ticket through the hole
and saw the lips of a dark soul
that said " welcome to devil's workshop
idle brain's last stop"

my heart pushed my legs back
my head felt as if it hit a sack
"Welcome" the voice held me still
i turned around and saw the devil

"For the next hour, i would be your guide
dont let any of your questions hide
for we know what they are
and we believe here , everybody is at par"

it was the devil himself
with horns of ram and ears of elf
he had a long red tail
so strong, that it could be a flail

he led me into a long hall
where every devil had a crystal ball
they leaned over them and chanted spells
i could see humans trapped in those shells

"before you could ask" said the devil
"I shall answer that those are people idle
those who rest their brain
and let time fly in vain"

"we work on them and make them work
and turn them as clumsy as an orc
and lead them into more sin
then the master from hell says 'you are in'"

into some of the balls did i peep
some i saw were in love deep
some i heard, talked no sense
and some had thier own ways of indulgence

then i wondered , before the devil could know
i asked, is there a ball for me, that you could show
the devil smirked and said "you are all at your will
in your ball, talking to the devil"

5 comments:

Krishnan said...

Beautiful....I can't say anything else

The optimist from utopia said...

haha.. that was very hilarious.. the ending. And thought provoking as well.. hmm..

I usually dont like poems because of the kind of jargons that people use and all.. but this one was very different.. it was childish in one way and quite thoughtful in another.. calling people who're in love as idle is in a way justified I guess.. btw keep writing such poems.. you have my support! :D

Mrunalini said...

damn good.. the creativity seems to be flowing out of a marketing guy, thus making sure that he wouldnt be trapped by the devil [:)]

Kartheek Kanumuru said...

Thanks for the comments or compliments as i shud take it, it was funny that i got the thought in a dream. And i think , part of the credit goes to the devil too:-P

The optimist from utopia said...

You dont blog very often, do you?
BLOG.. getting bored here.. :D