Saturday, May 17, 2008

Me

Me, Beofre i wrote anything else, let me write this, I have been to Leopolds, the place from Shantaram. :D

Ok, now about me, i dont know where to start , but i somehow felt that i should write about myself, another consequence of Shantaram. One of the reasons that i almost closed down my blog was , i was almost writing such kinda things, But i think the its more of a matter of courage to write about yourself, atleast at times when you cannot be yourself.
The only reason i picked up Shantaram was this line on the first page, "The most important thing in this world is Freedom, Freedom to hate" Nothing with relation to this post.

Me and the Manager.

This is how i can put it, i used to sit on these Exams, one of the Hundreds i wrote in my life till now. I used to break my knuckles for the first hour, yawn at the paper, flip through the paper and see that i know the 5/8 questions and finally, i would have finished 15% of the paper in 50% of the time. And then there is Midterm revision and i get all hurried and i start writing nad thats when the real me comes out, there is so much content but no time, and thats when i invented a language that no spieces could understand. I used to literally make scratches on my answer sheet. I remember that i used draw circuit diagrams, while i am running to submit the paper, you get it right, i used to draw with paper in the air, the diagram seemed nothing like a diagram. The Best part i should say, with the worst ever possible handwriting that human kind could have ever seen and the handwriting that would have made doctors proud, i managed to do well in my academics. Surprisingly. I still do in a way.I always said this to myself when i could see people drwing margins with coloured pens all over the paper and writing as if they printed, "I have content, and i need to write it, not present it"
My parents held their breath while i survived being the topper(Ok!! 2nd ranker, or the silver medal that was never there :P) . they were surprised that i finally manged to be at the top. They thought thats it, now my kid will go on to be the best because , all he has to do from now is to type in a sophisticated but easy to use software called Word and easily present ion Powerpoint.

Like they say in strategy, you always need to get the problem right. My parents didnt do that. Problem wasnt in the Hand writing, it was with me, i have too many thoughts in my mind that i keep them away or keep them locked for some time and then let them out in a flurry, and thats when it all gets scrambled. This mixed with intelligence and arrogance is Me. Thats the manager i could be by presenting thoughts in non-linear manner , but speak out at length in discussions when you want gyan, i would never say, lets look at a structure here, i would start off saying, "you know what,these could be various ways how things could be done". Anyway, thats Me as a manager , Guy who is too lazy, arrogant and (assumed to be) smart. I think the wake up call was, when i was told to stop my presentation in between and redo it in a structured manner. Thats how people change i guess.

Ok, so, if i cannot present , what else can i do. I am sure of one thing, anywhere i work, i will bet on this, i will make 10 others around me happy and motivated to work. More about that later, but otherwise i think i should write more rather than present. Anyway, i will stop it here, hopefully, there will be more versions to this in a structure manner. If possible i will upload a PPT. :P

Coming Soon (Mostly) : Me and the Cool Guy
Me and The Man
Me and Just Me

2 comments:

Rohit Anand said...

so you were a topper...
one of those ^%$&@'s
shame on you!

Rohit Anand said...

and i see that 'Excuse me' got deleted, for reasonable reasons.
my comments on the post would have been-
!?!WTF?!?