Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Silence and Sound

Before i write anything about the title, let me first convey my sincere gratitude to my Professor who taught me Business Research Methods.

Ok, now over to the actual post.

Silence : I was just watching the movie Nishabd, what an artpiece it is. I know that not many would stand to appreciate it, one of the reason being, its made over a taboo and another reason might be , thats made by a guy who went nuts after making some of the most amazing movies that Indian Cinema had ever seen. , Ok, i would atleast say that they were best of those that i have ever seen. RGV would always be one of my favorite directors, even if he had murdered Shiva by remaking it as Shiva 2006 (Sounds like my e-mail id : Kartheek17). What was he thinking when he made that movie with that guy from James, I mean, Shiva was a rage among students at that time, people practiced pulling out chains from their cycles. I am sure it would have made gangsters out of a few students of those times, especially in Vijayawada. Ratri , before it was remade respectfully in Hindi, used to scare the shit out of many while they just watched it on TV. He had a knack of talking to people through silence, through terse dialogues,through Heroes who stared into your eyes for so long that you would sometimes lower your eye lids with fear, and ofcourse the heroines whom i believe were given the most respect in his movies. Never mind what others say, be it Revati, Amala, Sridevi, Urmila and few others.(ok, lets put nisha kothari as an exception).

Some people say that he made some of the shittiest movies people have ever seen, well, i dont want to answer that now because that will take a long time if i list down what i call shitty movies. Somehow, it just struck me hard to see the amazing skill with which he handled a movie like Nishabd, I just want to be on his sets and see what he tells to the actors, something like, what would he have told to Nagarjuna in Shiva, or Sridevi in Kshana Kshanam or Saurabh Shukla or Manoj Bajpai in Satya or Amitabh in Nishabdh and Sarkar.

And when he Produced movies, he gave some of the best directors to the industry whom the Big production houses like Yash Raj are exploiting now. God, Shimit Amin couldnt get better than Ab Tak Chappan. The good thing was, (I dont really know, but this is what i believe) , he made movies which he felt good about, he put his money on it, and he did it, he didnt care what happened after that, and he risked his money , ofcourse he learnt a bit of business later, but not like Yash Raj, who make small films because they get you the highest ROI and then put your money on movies which would even not be screened at Film Festival in Timbaktu but you can screen it for one week in all theatres over the world and get your money back before the audience realise they were cheated( God, a Kid wouldnt write a story like that of Tashan in his childhood, one should be an idiot to produce it). I believe RGV doesnt do that, even if the whole world says the movie is bad, he would say, i like it, thats why i made it, he wouldnt say, i know its bad, but i also know that i would get my money.

Ok, so much about Silence.

Sound : Sound here basically means noise or other random things.

- Some thing wrong happened in Surat sometime, i didnt visit many cities in india, but till now, what ever highways or roads i have seen, Surat has the widest roads out of no reason. I know it has all the textile market, but what the hell are they doing with 10 lane road, i am not joikng, i will bet on this, 5 lanes on each side. Today, i was catching an Auto standing, right in the middle of the road.
-Girls in Surat look good. Let me put it better, Girls in Surat also look good. No, not the exact one, Girls every where but down south look good. Whats the problem!! Did Aryans forget something while they travelled south and I wonder what did the dravidians do. This might seem a bit awkward , but this seems to be the first topic of any school/college (Guys)re-union in a Metro(Oops, Chennai is an exception) or in a city Up-North . One of us would go saying " Ooooh!!, why werent they in our school". Like one of my friends used to say "I will take my kids to some Northern Metro where girls and guys can hold hands peacefully (Ok, 10 years later , if i read this, i mite be reading it as a 'Hypocrite')
-I want to be a teacher some day. Dont know how good would I be, but i will make sure that my students will have a great learning.
-Watched Goodfellas for the second time, Joe Pesci is God. No wonder , people copy that movie.
- Grades are coming out one after the other, funny that my learning curve is going down (wait a minute, did i attribute learning to grades !!?? Shit!!)
-Oh yeah, i deleted F.R.I.E.N.D.S from my lappy so that i can go on with my internship, and so , i am blogging now :|
-I still write in NotePad, i dont feel like using MS Office.
-Ok, thats it, i cant get more random than this.
--End of Post--

2 comments:

Rohit Anand said...

the first thing which you will do when you get back to xl is take f.r.i.e.n.d.s from me!
well i want to teach to. more often than not i am inspired by profs. profs who make easy things difficult to understand and make you feel, i could do this better.
and now RGV. the director i hate the most. after seeing Satya and knowing that this is the same guy who made raat, shiva etc. i had thought, this is a director, i will watch every movie of. until he dies, or i die. but he didn't let that happen. i have read too that he says i do what i like. i make movies for myself, etc. true, i guess it was my mistake that i raised my expectations to that level.

Anonymous said...

good article..